Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Solitude & Communion

Well dear ones, it is official. My living situation is changing dramatically. I am moving into my friend's dining room, recent massage clinic, now Christyna's den. My partner is moving into a small solitary space. He will have the cats with him, so he won't be entirely alone.

What an experiment! I will be in a vegetarian house with four other women. We range in age from 21 to 36, 2 lesbian, 2 straight, 1 'humansexual'. My main house-care task will be to tend the front garden! Everything outside the fence is planted with the intention to share with the neighborhood, so abundent beauty only! No taciturn tomatoes, or shrinking violets for that area. Only basil, rosemary, blackberries, and profusely flowering ornamentals.

Gardening is good for the soul and the back!

Grace & gratitude,

Christyna

2 comments:

julatkinson said...

::hugs::

jcarwen said...

christy! it's so great to have you blogging again!

i'd love to hear more about this experiment, if you have time to write. how did you come to this decision? what's it like?

i'm really interested in the possibilities of communal living and co-housing. but i can also see, from my limited experience of brief visits to twin oaks and involvement in consensus-based groups, how it could be really challenging.